The Best Coffee Substitute you will ever try!
If you're looking for a coffee substitute, Chicory, Dandelion and Barley teas are the closest you will get to enjoying that coffee aroma without the caffeine.
Chicory coffee tastes similar to coffee and is made from roasted chicory root as opposed to coffee beans. It's the purple flowering plant in the dandelion family however only the root is used for the coffee tea.
Dandelion and roasted barley is also often blended with chicory to enhance the flavour and give a similar earthy coffee taste but less acidic and bitter.
For those of you who are looking to limit your caffeine intake throughout the day especially in the afternoon but still want something comforting to drink, we've created the perfect recipe for you.
The Organic Coffee tea blend we've put together contains:
- Roasted Chicory
- Roasted Barley
- Burdock Root
We love it because:
- It is 100% herbal and caffeine free so you can enjoy it any time of day
- A great source of prebiotic fiber which has been linked to increased weight loss, improved gut health and better digestion
- Best of all, it has a beautiful coffee aroma we are all so familiar with!
Chicory and Dandelion Latte (Coffee Tea Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Purify Tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup warm frothy milk (or nut milks)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional for dusting)
- Add 2 cups boiling water to 1 tablespoon Purify tea. Steep for 10 minutes
- Strain the tea
- Add 1 tablespoon honey to the tea
- Add 1/2 cup warm frothy milk to the tea
- Dust cinnamon powder ontop (optional)
To see the video on how to make Chicory and Dandelion Latte, please see below.
Have you tried to make a chicory and dandelion latte? Tell us what you think below!