Want to create magical blue pancakes at home?
We have a super easy 6 ingredient recipe you can whip up quickly for that Sunday Brunch session when your friends pop over unexpectedly or for the kiddies when you want to "Wow" them with your cooking skills!
How do you colour your pancakes blue?
We add in a blue powder called Butterfly pea powder which adds that amazing blue hue to your pancakes or anything you want to colour blue eg. lattes,smoothies,chia seed pudding etc.
Are blue pancakes natural?
Absolutely! It's made from 100% natural and organic Butterfly pea flower which is naturally blue. It's turned into a powder simply by drying the blue flower and grinding it up. The same concept as green matcha which is dried tea leaves grounded up!
What do blue pancakes taste like?
Butterfly pea doesn't really have a taste. Some say it tastes abit earthy but in general it has a neutral taste. This is why it is a great natural food colouring as it doesn't take away from your main flavours.
Galaxy Blue Pancake Recipe (Without Sugar)
- 110g Plain Flour⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2tsp Galaxy Blue Powder (butterfly pea)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 mashed banana⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 tsp baking powder⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 Egg⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
2. 🍳Fry in a non-stick pan without oil.🥞⠀⠀
3. Optional: Layer with blue chia pudding, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, chopped medjool dates, soy yogurt and other toppings of your choice.