Hydrate Sparkler Recipe!!! April 15, 2017 10:25
The Hydrate Sparkler is so refreshing and naturally produces a vibrant ruby colour! This infusion uses our very own "Hydrate" tea which is full of electrolytes, Vitamin C for immunity and studies have shown that it lowers blood pressure. The tea on its own could be your sport drink replacement!
For all of you at Bondi Markets who were asking about how we made this invigorating tea, we finally have the recipe for you below!
Remember, this syrup can be stored for up to 7 days so you can enjoy it throughout the week.
Hydrate Sparkler Syrup
- 500 mL Filtered Water
- 1/2 cup Hydrate Tea (15 grams)
- 1/2 cup Raw Sugar or Honey (depending on how sweet you would like it)
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- A Few Ginger Slices (optional)
- Lime Juice (optional)
1. Combine water, raw sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a medium saucepan.
2. Heat until boiling and remove from heat.
3. Stir in Hydrate tea and cover for 20 min.
4. Strain and discard the Hydrate tea, cinnamon and ginger. This is the syrup which can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
5. For the Hydrate Sparkler, add 1 part syrup to 6 parts chilled sparkling water. Serve with ice and a splash of lime juice for a zesty flavor!
Great refresher for any occasion, enjoy!